Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Well, after a short but incredible trip to California, I am back! It's good to be home and stamping again.

This was today's Color Challenge on SplitCoast http://www.splitcoaststampers.com

We were to use Groovy Guava, Sahara Sand and Whisper White. The Sahara Sand layer on my card was stamped on the front AND back with the Canvas stamp. Then on the front I added the flower stamp from Fresh Fillers. I rolled the edge of the paper over and stapled it 3 times at the top and once on the bottom. I stamp a verse from Curvy Verses for my main image and matted that onto Groovy Guava and used my corner rounder punch to make the scallop edge. I used WeRMemory Keepers snaps for an accent on the scallop. I matted that onto Whisper White and used dimensionals under it.

I then dyed my white grosgrain ribbon with Groovy Guava ink refill and water. When that dried, I added Whisper White cardstock to the edge and attached the ribbon with a Prima flower and silver brad. The flower and brad was probably the hardest to do on this card because I wrapped the prongs of the brad around the ribbon and poked myself a couple of times! OUCH! LOL!

Happy Stamping!

:-) Nicole

No comments: