Thursday, July 31, 2008

Since I didn't get around to stamping yesterday (weep, weep) I had to combine 2 challenges today. So this is yesterday's Sketch Challenge and today's Ways to Use it Challenge on Splitcoast http://www.splitcoaststampers.com

And actually, I didn't follow the sketch exactly....ooops!

But, the Ways to Use it challenge called for us to use Scraps only. So, I started with one of my favorite patterned papers called Vintage Workshop. I think EK Success made the paper, but I'm not positive on that. I used my sanding block to sand the edges of the 3 center panels for a faux mat. I matched the colors of the paper to SU! colors which are Bordering Blue and Mellow Moss. I stamped all of the images with Staz-on Brown ink. Colored them in with SU! markers. I used my Versamarker for the main image, applied clear embossing powder and heat set it. I then used a sponge for the grass using Mellow Moss. The blue sky was created by inking up my brayer with Bordering Blue ink, rolled it once onto scrap paper and then applied to the image. I still found it too dark of a blue, so I used White Craft ink and a sponge to lighten the sky and then dabbed more white ink for a cloud look. I heat set it so it would dry faster.

The flowers in the pot were colored with SU! markers and then cut out. I taped it to the sentiment. Finally, I added the mini buttons.

Happy Stamping!

:-) Nicole

No comments: