Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Today's Color Challenge on SplitCoast http://www.splitcoaststampers.com

was to use Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and Almost Amethyst. For some odd reason, this was a tough one for me. My card came out rather plain, but after going back to it all day, I decided to upload it anyway. I will add a sentiment later.

I first stamped the bird with Basic Brown ink and used my blender pen with So Saffron ink to color the bird. I used my Versamarker on the bird image, applied clear embossing powder and heat set it. (I had planned on doing brayered sky, but chose to just use a sponge technique on the edges). I stamped the flower image my coloring the stamp with Almost Amethyst marker and carefully used my Wild Wasabi ink pad for the stem. I applied dots on the edge with my So Saffron marker.

Using my Creative Memories oval cutter, I used some SU! designer series paper and Whisper White. I matted the ovals onto So Saffron cardstock that I stamped with the Paisley background stamp.

The bird image and flower stamp is from an Inkadinkado stamp set called Friendship that I found at Jo-Ann Stores.

Happy Stamping!

:-) Nicole

No comments: