Monday, July 14, 2008

This is today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SplitCoast.....http://www.splitcoaststampers.com

We were to use the Grid Technique. I love this technique!

I started with a stamp set called Topiary....a rather old SU! set. But I love topiaries and just can't part with it.

I inked the pot in Versamark and then in Bordering Blue. Stamped it on Whisper White cardstock. Then I inked the topiary in Versamark and then in Old Olive. I used clear embossing powder and heat set it. I then stamped the tree trunk in Close to Cocoa. I used a sponge around the edges using Bordering Blue and Old Olive.

I accessorized with Bazzill snaps, some satin ribbon that I bought at Michaels and stamped "happy birthday" with Everyday Flexible Phrases. I added dimensionals under the topiary and "happy birthday".

For step by step instructions on the Grid Technique visit:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/grid_technique/

Happy Stamping!

:-) Nicole

1 comment:

Heidi Kimmerly said...

Fabulous card! I have to try this technique...