Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Here is today's Color Challenge (CC174) from SplitCoastStampers http://www.splitcoaststampers.com. We were to use Groovy Guava, Barely Banana and Chocolate Chip colors.
My main image is a Stampin' Up! set called Simply Said.
-I first stamped the main image on Whisper White cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink.
-I then used a Barely Banana marker to color the flowers.
-I used a Versamarker over the flower images and applied clear embossing powder then set it with the heat gun.
-I inked my brayer with Groovy Guava and starting at the bottom of the image, rolled the color up to the top of the image. I re-inked the brayer and applied more to the bottom portion only.
-I matted the image on Whisper White cardstock, then on Chocolate Chip.
-I used All in a Row stamp set to stamp the stitching around the edges.
-Rub ons were applied as an accent with EK Success rhinestones.
-A Bazzill flower and rhinestone brad were attached in the top corner.
-Curvy Verses stamp set was used for the sentiment and accented with white grosgrain ribbon and banana ric rac. The main image and sentiment were popped up with dimensional stickers.
Happy Stamping!
Nicole

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice card, Nicole. Happy blogging! :O)
Love,
Annette

Joani McDonald said...

Nicole ~ I've stumbled across your blog. Your card is very nice. Welcome to the blogging world!
Hugs,
Joani