Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday, July 11, 2008

For today's Limited Supply challenge on SplitCoast http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ we were to create a card with a summer theme, no more than 3 layers, no pattern paper and limited embellishments. Well, what's better than a huge cold ice cream sunday on a hot day??

I used a SU! set called "Sweet Treats". It's one of my all time favorite sets. And this image is my favorite. I stamped the image with Staz-on Jet Black ink onto SU! Watercolor paper. I used my Aqua painter to color the image with Real Red (cherry), Wild Wasabi (leaf), Regal Rose (strawberry ice cream), Creamy Caramel (vanilla ice cream), Chocolate Chip (hot fudge and chocolate ice cream), Bashful Blue (glass dish and sponging on the edges). Chocolate Chip cardstock is the card base, then Close to Cocoa cardstock stamped with the Jumbo Wheel called "Whimsy" with Close to Cocoa ink. I used the Word Window punch for the three accents and lightly sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink. Using the stamp set "Everday Flexiblbe Phrases", I stamped "sweet daughter" onto watercolor paper and punched that out with the small oval punch. I used the large oval punch for the Pretty in Pink cardstock behind the sentiment. I accented the sentiment with EK Success' rhinestones and used dimensional stickers under that.

Happy Stamping! :-) Nicole

No comments: